Skilled Independent visas

There are a number of work visas in Australia, and one of which is the Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189). Australia’s economy is one of the biggest in the world, however, a growing economy means the need for a growing workforce. Unfortunately, Australia is facing constant shortages in various fields. Fortunately though, you might be there to help fill the void.

If you’re interested in working in Australia, you can apply for the Skilled Independent Visa. It is basically a work visa which is for people with qualifications and abilities that can fill the country’s skill shortages. For example, if there is a shortage of health workers a particular region and if you’re a registered nurse, then you may apply for a Skilled Independent Visa.

There’s a catch to this though: applicants are required to at least obtain 60 points on a point assessment. Basically this assessment seeks to find out if you have the skills and qualifications needed for the job, and if you’re under 50 years of age. Additionally, applicants for this type of visa do not need sponsorship from their employers.

Individuals who are holders of the Skilled Independent Visa will become permanent residents of Australia. They are then entitled to live, work, study, and study in Australia on a permanent basis. If you’re a holder, you will also be given access to the country’s subsidized health care, social security, and the privilege to apply for citizenship.

We in EP Migration Australia can help you prepare your visa before filing in order to increase its chances of being approved. We are also here to address all of your visa-related questions and concerns, especially if there are some things you are still unsure of. We have been helping our clients process these types of visas for over 20 years, so you are assured of receiving the best service in the industry.


Reach Us